Moving is an Essential Service
Moving is still authorized as an essential service in Texas under the “Shelter-In-Place” order. Feel free to refer to this website to get some general information on moving during this time. https://www.move.org/moving-covid-19/
Simpler Moving is taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously. We will be following the guidance of the federal, state, and local authorities to best protect our team members, clients, and community.
Virtual In-Home Quotes
At this time we are only doing Virtual In-Home Quotes via Facetime, Google Hangout, or Zoom. If you prefer a different video chat application, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate. Simpler Moving is trained in Virtual In Home Estimates so that you get the same great service from our online virtual consultants as you would in person. Our Move Coordinators are available every day during our normal business hours.
Moving During the Coronavirus Pandemic
1. Social Distancing – We will do our best to maintain distance between everyone to keep both you and our staff happy and healthy!
2. NO Sick Movers – We will not dispatch any movers showing signs of illness. Your health is our top priority!
3. Disinfecting Trucks & Equipment – Each day we will disinfect high touch surfaces such as handles, steering wheel, dollies, lifts, etc..
4. Mover Masks – All of our movers will have masks on every shift. We are encouraging them to use them when greeting the client and during walkthroughs. Due to the nature of moving it may not be possible for them to wear them during the entire move.
1. NO Sick Clients – Please inform us prior to your move should you become ill, or if you have been in contact with someone that is ill so we can reschedule. Our movers will not move anyone that is showing signs of illness.
2. Social Distancing – Please designate one person in your home to interact with the movers, and try to keep a distance of 6+ ft.
3. Disinfect – Prior to our arrival, please disinfect all door handles and commonly touched surfaces.
4. Open Door & Windows – Prior to our arrival, open all interior doors as well as the front door, and open some windows for fresh air if possible.
5. Wear a Mask – We request our clients to wear a mask when greeting and doing a walkthrough. If possible, please wear a mask the entire move and while around our movers.
During these challenging times, Simpler Moving is doing everything we can to continue operating in a safe manner. You will receive a confirmation call from one of our Move Coordinators the day before your move. In the meantime, we will also send you an email should the situation change. Don’t hesitate to call us with any questions or concerns.
In all aspects of moving services, Simpler Moving strives to offer Austin and the surrounding cities the best possible moving experience. While we are all figuring out how to navigate these uncharted waters, Simpler Moving will strive to stay at the forefront of adapting to this ever-changing situation. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, feel free to contact us directly. Stay Safe!